Spectacular laser, pyrotechnic and aquatic show which was the cornerstone of the Hollywood Nights celebration of Universal Studios Hollywood's 30th Anniversary.
Performances took place in the Miami Vice arena (now Waterworld) during summer evenings. In the early days of CityWalk, management wanted a way to keep visitors in the area after dark. The backlot isn't lit, so the tram tour has to stop at dusk. SpectraBlast was a show to rival Disney's Fantasmic which had just opened, and was part of a package of evening entertainment along with Cinemystique: Illusions of the Night, an elaborate magic show featuring the Pendragons, street performers and a parade.
- Effects Jockey (EJ)
- Laser effects by Laser Fantasy International
- Aerial stunts by Entertainment Developers and Air-Robics
- Co-produced and directed by Ken McCabe
- Producer - Don Burgess
- Music composed, produced, arranged and conducted by Brad Kelley (to hear a short clip of the Spectrablast soundtrack, go to Mr Kelley's website and click on SpectraBlast)
- Production Design by Scott Heineman