Universal Studios Hollywood - Music
The audio environment of a theme park is as important as the visual environment. Most of the time you don't notice the orchestral music that accompanies you as you move around the theme park.
One of the main themes is from the soundtrack to The Universal Story, by Michael A. Levine. This piece was recorded at Hip Pocket Studios in NYC in 1995. The engineer was Michael Golub.
As you hit the Lower Lot, the familiar strains of John Williams' Jurassic Park theme waft up the Starway. Once you've been on the ride, or eaten in one of the nearby restaurants, the music will be in your head for the rest of the day.
Studio Tour - There are two themes used on the Studio Tour which were specially composed by Alf Clausen in 1999, and were recorded at the Newman Stage on the Fox lot with the Simpsons orchestra.
Terminator 2: 3D - Brad Fiedel composed the original movie soundtrack, and created the score for the filmed part of the attraction. There's a looped theme during the preshow which is not his composition, but refers to his themes.
More coming soon.
- John Addison (Murder She Wrote theme)
- Alf Clausen (Studio Tour "Tram 2000" theme)
- Brad Fiedel (Terminator 2: 3D)
- Jerry Goldsmith (The Mummy)
- Jan Hammer (Miami Vice theme)
- Michael A. Levine (The Universal Story theme)
- James Newton Howard unofficial site (Waterworld)
- Basil Poledouris (The Adventures of Conan live show)
- Alan Silvestri unofficial site (Back to the Future theme)
- John Williams (E.T., Jaws, Jurassic Park, War of the Worlds)
- Current Attractions at Universal Studios Hollywood
- The Upper Lot
- Universal Studios Hollywood home page