Universal Studios Hollywood
(1979 - present)
Originally constructed around 1979 for the spooky Castle Dracula stage show featuring Universal's classic horror monsters, the 1500 (?1800) seat Castle Theatre has seen a number of movie themed live productions come and go.
- Land of a Thousand Faces Make-Up Show(outdoor theatre on the future site of the Castle Theatre)
- Castle Dracula (?? 1980 to Jan 31 1983)
- Adventures of Conan: Sword & Sorcery Spectacular (June 1983 - ?1994)
- Cinemystique: Illusions of the Night (June - September 1994)
- Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue (?1995 - 1999) [Beetlejuice was previously on an outdoor stage since 1992]
- Marvel Comics Superhero Showdown (April 8-23 1995)
- Shrek Live (outside theatre)
- Spiderman Rocks! (May 2002 - August 2004)
- Fear Factor Live (2005 - August 2008)
- The Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Musical (June - September 2009)
- Special Effects Stage - a new Special effects show for the Castle Theatre from Thinkwell Design, following the closure of the Special Effects Stages on the Lower Lot to make room for Transformers: The Ride. (June 26 2010 - present)
Content and photos (c) theStudioTour.com except where noted.