master plan for expansion of the studio tour lower lot - expanded eastward - upper lot north - new prop plaza type area - Kong sound stage
repost of information by
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 pm†† †Post subject:
"Universalstonecutter: The parking lot just to the left of the bridge in your last aerial photo is the proposed location of the new King Kong animation on the tour. No other details yet as to the entrance and exit or route we will take to get there though"
Why? - Introduction of topic " Just imagine" if NBC would consider, using the hill side parking lots north east of the escalator and west of the collapsing bridge for expansion of the Studio Tour Attractions
and improve production operation offices
Suggestions: Divide this area into at least three multi uses areas.
1. Terraced building - much like the Westmore building.
2. Terraced Production offices on levels working down the hill side.
3. Each production working area to have a private patio area
4. The roof areas of the structure use by the studio tour.
5. Public tour access from the escalator - rent a VIP electric cart
6. Existing roadway, access to Production offices using electric cars
Exec Summary - new production offices with a view, access to a patio.
Parking lot area - expansion of studio tour attraction.
1. lowest parking lot level area soundstage for "King Kong"
2. new NBC soundstages
, with public access to TV shows.
3. Alternate area for standing sets
, open to public tours
4. Move Psycho House and motel to hill side near the bridge attraction.
5. Create residential street
sets with interiors for production offices.
6. prop plaza
area, for public viewing of backlot
Exec Summary - merge the future needs - move of standing sets, studio tour expansion, new sound stages, better production office space. patio.
Build with the existing lot, hill side is a nature sound barrier.