Classic Universal Monsters

Postby NFBVacancy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:26 am

The enterance, is much like it was when it used to be the Mummy walkthrough. There are props from a bunch of different horror films(including Hannibals mask, Chucky, a bird from the birds and Norman Bates' costume), and there is a hall of posters for when there are big lines, they stand by those. When you actually go into the House of Horrors, its like a haunted house with scary sets and some live actors dressed as Horror characters that jump out and scare you(these include mother from Psycho, Nosferatu, Frankenstein, the Mummy, Chucky and a Leatherface-like character with a chainsaw). You go through several different rooms, almost like a maze but still a walkthrough-haunted house experience. There is a mirror walled room, a forrest that leads into a spinning WolfMan room(much like the mummy part of the studio tour), a body bag room(you have to walk through them and push them out of the way), the phantom of the opera room(complete with the phantom hanging a person above you), Frankenstein's lab, mother is behind a shower curtain and jumps out at you, theres a hall of mummys lined up(one is real and comes at you), a chucky room(my personal favorite, tons of chucky dolls, some pop up and down and blow air at you, one is covered in teddy bears and is a live actor that pops out at you). So its the same set up from Van Helsing, a haunted house, you walk through it, through different set up rooms and its pretty dark, complete with live actors through out to scare ya! Lots of fun.
NFBVacancy

Postby NFBVacancy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:59 pm

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8632
cool article on house of horrors!
NFBVacancy

Postby Gialmere » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Being a Universal horror fan I really love this theme and hope they keep it for the long haul. The bad part for me is that my kids always insist on going through it with me--meaning they're clutching, grabbing, and literally hanging on me as we walk/slog our way through. It would be nice if Universal provided free chiropractic adjustments at the exit area.
Gialmere

Previous

Return to Theme Park - Walkthroughs