Residential Houses: "So Goes My Love Movie"

Movies shot on the backlot & changes to the sets over the years

Residential Houses: "So Goes My Love Movie"

Postby universalstonecutter » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:06 am

Last edited by universalstonecutter on Thu May 24, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
universalstonecutter

pic

Postby futureboy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:11 am

wow that pic is so clear it doesnt look like 60 yrs ago..thats crazy so what is the story on that movie ?
futureboy

Postby hamiltonpl » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:01 pm

I just saw So Goes my Love. Question - were the Munsters and Harvey houses built on th sound stage first then transferred to River Road after filming?

I could not find one exterior shot of these houses in the movie. All appeared to be on a soundstage as is most of the movie. I was under the impresssion that the houses were built on River Road first and that copies were made on the sound stages.

Also, you never get very good full shots of either house as the camera is positioned closely for most shots of just the porches. Basicaly I was disapointedd in what I saw. The movie was amusing - not great but amusing and of course I always like Don Ameche.

Halfway through the movie Ameche and Loy move into another house and at that point you never see these sets again. Bummer...

Anyone have an idea?? tks
hamiltonpl

Munsters and Harvey houses

Postby universalstonecutter » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:59 pm

Last edited by universalstonecutter on Thu May 24, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
universalstonecutter

Postby hamiltonpl » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:56 pm

Thanks. I thought the Exteriors were there in addition to the sound stage sets - I guess when you build a house on a sound stage you might as well move it outdoor - toughen it up and it becomes a house!

The Cleaver house is just past the Keller House - correct and do you know what year it was contructed on River Road/Colonial Street? I am guessing early 1950s. :)
hamiltonpl

Return to Studio - Backlot sets